Community Development Goals:
• Address the on-going capital needs of our public housing properties given the decline of HUD funding nationwide.
• Maximize development by accessing additional density that will allow the creation of more affordable housing units for households whose income is up to 80% of AMI.
• Deconcentrate poverty through the creation of mixed-income communities and mixed-use developments.
• Promote and create homeownership opportunities.
• Serve as a catalyst for greater investment in the City of Daytona Beach.
• Facilitate job opportunities for local residents and business in the areas of construction and trade.
• Generate a positive financial return that will fund activities that support the HACDB mission
Community Development Forum (April 18, 2019):