In the event of a hurricane or other disaster, Daytona Beach Housing Authority will take action that allows us to protect our tenants and property to the extent possible. It is very important that you stay informed of hurricane activity. Follow the instructions provided by law enforcement, elected officials and other professionals regarding evacuation and other safety measures before, during and after a hurricane. The information below is provided to assist you in preparing for a hurricane or other natural disaster.
The American Red Cross has prepared a checklist of things to do, supplies to have on hand and how to support being safe during and after a hurricane. Please click on the link below to view this information.
You can visit FloridaDisaster.org to build your Family Emergency Plan. A customized Disaster Supply Kit will be generated as part of your plan. Click here to view a Hurricane Supply Checklist from FloridaDisaster.org.
Important local numbers in the event of a hurricane or other disaster:
- Emergency 911
- Police 386-671-5100
- Sheriff 386-671-5304
- Fire Department 386-671-4000
- Ambulance 386-252-4513
- Utility Company CODB 386-671-8100
- Natural Gas Company TECO 877-832-6747
- Electric Supply Company FP&L 386-767-4605
- Waste Management 386-671-8600
- Health Department 386-274-0500
- County Emergency Management Services 386-254-1500
- Florida Department Of Environmental Protection 800-320-0519
- Federal Emergency Management Agency 850-413-9969 (Tallahassee) or 800-462-9029 (Atlanta)
- Florida Division Of Emergency Management 850-413-9900 or Fax 850-487-7841
Volusia County Emergency Management App
DBHA recommends that you download the Volusia County Emergency Management App to receive up-to-date information in the event of a hurricane or other weather event.
The Volusia County Emergency Management app contains advanced features that strive to help keep the citizens of Volusia County prepared and informed about any emergency at hand.